Blog Archive

Sunday, April 25, 2010

cold


I've made a new poem. Well, just finished one that I apparently started on 1 September 2008 if I look at the date created in file properties. I wanted to make it into a haiku, but my  poetry books are in the bedroom where The One is still asleep and I don't want to disturb him. I can't remember how a haiku works anymore, and I don't know the number I must assign it. So I am posting the poem as is:

toast

few things provide more pleasure
than licking melting butter
from hot toast that the one you love
has just placed in front of you


The One has been very ill with the 'flu that he got from me but it seems to be a little better this morning. My own 'flu is more or less gone. Now I must just get rid of this surplus of phlegm my body still produces. Next year I will go for the 'flu shots as soon as they start advertising them in March because I never want to feel that horrible again.

The weather has been terrible this week. Very cold and wet. I haven't seen the sun in ages. Grey skies seem to breed grey moods. The cats' litter trays are reeking the way they do in wet weather. Everything seems to be coated in a film of moisture, just like it is by the sea. On Friday evening we had a major storm; the wind was terrifyingly strong and it even hailed. My boss and I was still at work when the storm hit. It went on for about half an hour and it rained so hard we could see nothing out of the front windows of the shop. The roof leaked in a few places. I only got home around seven.

The change of season always seem to catch me by surprise.

I am glad that my bosses have decided to close the shop tomorrow. Strictly speaking, it is not a public holiday, but Tuesday is one (Freedom Day). I still had to bring home some work, however. New brochures for a big banking client that I have to design from scratch. My bosses have decided to keep looking for an assistant because none of the ones they interviewed are good enough. It has been almost two months that I have been working alone and many days I just feel overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to get through. I hate the fact that I have to be a wage slave. It is so vulgar and demeaning.

Written by I

0 comments: