Blog Archive

Sunday, August 15, 2010

madness


It is 4:42 AM and I am wide awake. I could not decide what to write about, so I thought I'd just sit here and write some and see what happens.

The pets don't understand when I get up this early. Lizz tells Vicky: "He is insane again. Just don't make eye contact." The dogs mill about aimlessly, wondering what is going on. Eventually, they will return to the warm bed where The One is still sleeping.

Well, to tell the truth, I am feeling a little unstable. Even though this week had only four days due to the public holday on Monday, it felt like a normal week and by Friday I was drained. We have all been making stupid mistakes at work and the boss was on the warpath constantly. I have noticed that there seems to be times when everything goes wrong. Strangely, it is always when we are not very busy when these waves of mistakes happen. On Tuesday, we are having a big "meeting" (read crapping out session) so that we can stop making these idiotic blunders. Tuesday, since Corlea is on leave Monday. I worked yesterday as well for that reason, dealing with insane clients and their petty, unreasonable demands.

The One has been unwell again for a few days, not sleeping well and feeling depressed. How powerless I am against the onslaught of his illness!

At least the worst of the cold seems to be over. The dusty August winds have started blowing and soon heavy clouds will be swept inland, showering us with soul-cleansing rain. Few things inspire me more than the fragrance of moist earth. To me, it is the promise of great, undiscovered things.

Written by I

0 comments: