Saturday, September 18, 2010

pica

I have finally figured out what has been wrong with me these 36 years.

Mother tells me that when she was pregnant with me she was addicted to laundry detergent (or washing powder, as we call it here). She says she ate it by the handful, careful not to let my sister (a toddler at the time) see her and try eating it as well. I've discovered that there is actually a medical disorder called pica, where people crave eating strange and unusual things.
 When she went to the hospital to have me, she took a along small packet of Super Blue Surf to snack on. But she says that once I was born she couldn't stand the taste anymore and stopped eating it.

Apparently Dato was her favourite. They don't sell it here anymore, but you still get it in Germany which is where I found the photo.

Yes, I am weird.

Written by I
Post a Comment