Tuesday, October 12, 2010

5 years

It is five years this evening since The One and I met.

We both advertised ourselves on G-men, for a few months. I'm ashamed to say G-men is a dating site. I contacted him first after having seen his picture in a feature gallery on the site. At first I thought he was English but we soon exchanged long, syrupy letters in Afrikaans. Then, we made our first real life date. I phoned him one morning when he was in his veggie garden. He didn't answer and I left a short, rapidly spoken message. He phoned me back not much later and we set the time and place.

At 19:00 on  Wednesday, 12 October 2005 we were shyly shaking hands for the very first time.

*

To celebrate this momentous occasion in our relationship, we decided to cut our hair. I know, cheap thrill. We took a "before" and an "after" photo as evidence.

I don't think I've ever looked more like Shrek.

The One is ill again and I am taking him to see a doctor tomorrow.

Written by I
Post a Comment