Blog Archive

Sunday, May 15, 2011

driving


I always seem to start posts with the following these days: It has been one hectic week. But, as always, it really has been.

Everything started going South on Wednesday when Corlea consulted her physician in the morning and again the afternoon. At the afternoon consultation, he put her on sick leave for Thursday and Friday. She had contracted faringitis. And I already thought that I had too much work!

Somehow, I managed to wade through the stuff that pooled neck-high around me during the last two days of the week. On Thursday evening, however, I was unable to control myself and burst into tears when they ran a Mercedes-Benz ad on the TV. Human, after all.

On Saturday (yesterday in my current reference point in space-time) I went for training with Wendy in Jo'burg again, for the new web design kit she's going to sell. It lasted for the entire day. I had to be at Wendy's house at 7:30 (made it on time this time). Then, Wendy sent Corlea home because she was still too ill.

Yay.

The day was a mirror copy of the previous training. At least some gaps that had been left before were filled.

I only got home after 18:00.

*

Today, I had to drive Mother to the airport to fetch Amanda - whose dog died in Mother's care while Amanda visited family in Namibia.

The map below shows my travels this morning. According to www.maps.google.co.za, it should take about 3 hours, 40 minutes to cover the 240km. In reality, I left home at 7:00 this morning, and I arrived back here at 13:15. 6 hours, 15 minutes.


*

I've had to stop taking my dear little crazy pills. Cold turkey is just no fucking fucking fun. Not meant to offend. It is what it is.

*

Driving to the airport with Mother this morning gave me some perspective on this current up-sh.t-creek-without-a-paddle situation we all seem to be stuck in. The One didn't go along. He is still not feeling well enough to venture outside.

As Mother and I chewed the cud, I realised that my life is not the only one that seems to be on the verge of collapse. It would seem that everyone close to me is experiencing some upheaval.

*

I keep telling myself that it's only stress. Best pour that thick black liquid into a container with a tight-fitting lid and stash it somewhere unknown in your mind, no?

Written by I

0 comments: