Wednesday, May 18, 2011

voting

The electricity went off around 2:00am this morning and I woke up because the fan stopped fanning. This late in the season, we use it much more for white noise than for cooling.

Anyway, I got up around 3:00am and lit a candle upstairs. Then I surfed on my phone and smoked too much, trying to suppress my boiling heartburn from last night's spicy tomato sauce. At about 4:00am The One joined me upstairs.

We returned to bed at 5:30am, but we couldn't go back to sleep because we knew we'd have to get up at 6:30 again. We just dozed a bit. Today is Voting Day in South Africa. We did our duty and registered to vote last month. Today was the day.

We were at our voting station at 6:48 but there were already about 25 people in the queue in front of us. We were patient and waited for about 45 minutes before it was our turn to vote. We've got the indelible ink and the stamps in our identity documents to prove it.

So. I am ecstatic because I get to spend the rest of the day with my Love, doing whatever we want! The weather is beautiful. Today, life will also be beautiful.

A random word of advice: never switch on an electric heater on which a certain little dog has recently emptied his bladder. The heater will continue to function, but the stench is unbearable. I'm leaving ours on full blast outside on the balcony until it smells better. Global warming be damned.

Written by I
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
Post a Comment