Saturday, August 13, 2011

the answer part deux

I hate this time of the year. Winter is coming to an end, leaving everything dreary in its wake. There has been no spring rain yet and it is as though we are in an some unnamed twilight season which we never discuss. I would name it "Stasis".

See how frightfully dry and dusty everything looks?


But sometimes when I have a much needed moment to myself I wonder what life on earth would've been like without the endless cycle of seasons. Imagine the monotony of such a system. We hate them and we always wish it was another season, but they do make our lives interesting.

Yes, I'm afraid I do seem to wonder about odd things, don't I?

So I took this interesting photo in the same position(ish) exactly 25 minutes and 51 seconds after the first one.


Then The One showed me how spooky the moon looked and I tried to capture it over the wall on the side of our balcony, not realising I was taking a photo of the neighbours' front yard. I hope they didn't notice.


Enough dallying about. The Answer. Finally.

Drumroll, if you please.

The Question and The Answer I have hinted at before was my amateurish attempt at obfuscating the fact that we've been in the process of buying a house. We signed the final papers yesterday and the long process to sort through all the red tape has started. Needless to say, we are both very excited about finally having our own house. It's more like a doll's house, but it will be ours after exactly 25 years, when we will have finished paying the bank a dreadfully vulgar amount of hard earned cash.

The long winded saga started way back in June when we started looking for a house within our puny budget. We think we've found a real bargain. The house is situated on a 322m² panhandle stand, which seems very safe - especially for the pets. It has two bedrooms, one bathroom and an open plan kitchen plus living area. There floors are neatly tiled throughout; the place also looks very recently built. It really is minute, but we'll have a garden for the pets and The One will finally be able to plant veggies again.

If everything goes smoothly, we should be able to take ownership and move in around the end of September. It seems such a long wait!

In the mean time, here is a photo of our charming little house. It shows the front yard just past the front door.


Suddenly, I have that early spring feeling. Life does seem to have its moments, doesn't it?

Written by I
Post a Comment