Wednesday, December 07, 2011

not good enough

At exactly 18:43 this evening, when I'd been at work for, oh, around 12 hours and 42 minutes, I had an epiphany.

I was being berated by the boss at the time, because I'd made a stupid mistake and charged a client too little by 50% (About R75 or $9.32). Strangely, what she didn't seem to know was that I was juggling three sadistic, demanding clients at the time and I was just trying to get an anxious woman to stop tearing at my flesh.

Anyway, I serenely ignored the boss' rancid bitching and formulated this in my tired, underpaid head:

If you accept that nothing you do will ever be good enough for some,
life will become more bearable.

Brilliant.

And this is the image I had in my mind.



*

Ag shame, I can't leave you on such a negative note, especially on Mother's 60th birthday.

So I'll leave you with this poem I found ages ago. I love it.


THE NINE AGES OF MAN
(A poem in one line, to be read aloud)
Not old enough to know better
       "      "         "      "      "
"      "      "         "      "
       "      "         "      "
"      "      "
       "      "
"      "
       "
"

F. Emerson Andrews


Now that's brilliant without a doubt.

*

On a truly positive note - The One has begun composing again.

Quote from Out of Africa:

God is happy. He plays with us.

Written by I
Post a Comment