Blog Archive

Thursday, May 17, 2012

car woes


Overnight, the cats have all become like bears preparing to hibernate through a long winter. They eat savagely when fed, moaning and hissing all the while. Possibly they already know about the imminent arrival of an  endless worldwide famish?

Anyway, back to the subject on hand. On Monday morning when I drove off to work I was just awake enough to notice that the darling car's clutch had suddenly become very hard. I had to heave to push the pedal all the way to the floor in order to change gears without grinding and attracting attention. Still, I reached work unscathed.

Having worried about the car all day, I cautiously drove back home, heaving and stretching like a madman to get the bloody pedal down. After gaining some knowledge about Nissan Sentra clutches online, The One and I inspected the rather dusty motor strategically placed under the bonnet.

We managed to locate the clutch cable adjustment bob above the transmission ; however, from what we could gather the cable's been adjusted to capacity and is due for replacement. More frantic online research confirmed our suspicions.

I am of the opinion that everyone should have at the very least a lawyer, a mechanic, a doctor, a handyman  and a vet in their immediate family. 

We'll let you know how it pans out for us.

Written by I

0 comments: