Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

urgent



If I see that word one more time today, I'm afraid I shall softly and silently vanish away.

Imagine 104 e-mails (most of them containing the offensive expression) and add a voracious swarm of clients at the counter all day. They whisper it like some secret password that will speed up the completion of their personal little print job. Yes, today work was like the eruption of a ripe pimple that's been festering for days.

Exactly like the very prominent one on my nose, in fact.

Anyway, this is all just a silly little post to apologise for the current infrequency of posts. Work’s gone into what I like to call "silly season" in preparation for the holidays at the end of the year. Did you know that for about fourteen days (±15 December - 2 January), the world will end abruptly and painfully if you haven’t got you your printing done?

Because of that fact I am forced to spend at least twelve hours at work daily, trying to satisfy and impress endless droves of bloodthirsty clients. To spice things up the boss snaps at my heels.

Every spare second I have, however, I spend with The One - even if it is only asleep in bed at night. Yes, at 19:00 I race home on Flymo just to be with him. He soothes.

Written by I

0 comments: