Sunday, July 07, 2013

to the birthday boy

Shockingly, this is the very first post for the second half of 2013.

Do you also get tired of the way every person you come across at this time of the year says,  "Can you believe we're more than halfway through the year already?" It is as annoying as Jacaranda FM playing lame FNB adverts every 50 seconds.

Please excuse me if I am being insulting but I have picked up 'flu somewhere in the past week and I am feeling a little woozy. I would also be grateful if you'd ignore any spelling errors or bad grammar. 

This morning we were up around 11:00, three hours earlier than yesterday's 14:00. I'd already wished The One a happy day before we went to bed around 1:00am and many more felicitations were waiting on his phone: BBMs, SMSes, WhatsApps, FaceBooks and the like.

I am afraid I had no present to give my love. Instead I took him to Builder's Warehouse and blew some credit we've diligently been paying off for a long time. The best thing he got was a proper new solid toilet seat to replace the broken plastic one we've had since March. Hey, times are tough.

We also got a few shards of  meat at OK and had a jolly braai with the dogs in the front yard. Anna had to go inside when some idiot neighbours started throwing stones at her through the gate but in general a good time was had by all.




Anyway, just wanted to wish my husband a blessed 33rd birthday online.

Love you!

Written byI
Post a Comment