Wednesday, December 25, 2013

goodbyes


In the spirit of this day, induced by all the evocative food smells and general glee and all the glittering laughter of little children around our compound, I am forced to confess that I spared myself having to go to the work's year end function by blatantly lying.

*

Well, I'm feeling a bit sulky because my buff custom-built computer popped a pizzle some days ago. I've been avoiding the inevitable autopsy/resurrection. That's why I've been offline, so to speak.

Instead I spent my precious home time in the garden, digging out the outdoor living area as seen on the photo. We also relocated the Buddha statue to a serene nasturtium pot outside. Maybe Lizz will stop inundating the peaceful likeness with her über-pugent urine now.

When that was done I seeked refuge in mindless online twitter.

Today I ran out of excuses to fix the silicone mess. I relieved the computer innards of a half a kilo of assorted colours of superfine dust and a grand variety of feline, canine and human hair as well as canary and budgerigar feathers and discarded seeds. Even so I am unable to figure out what's going on.

A sad fact is that if I had 1 kilometer for every time I've lost precious photos and important data from a malfunctioning 'puter, I'd be able to colonise the moon.

Thankfully my grand phone is still just as good at posting.

Donations for a new rig will be accepted with both greedy hands open.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z Ultra smartphone







Post a Comment