Blog Archive

Sunday, July 27, 2014

incontinence | planting


These two weeks have been murder at work. There is a new client that the boss desperately wants to impress which means her minions must work even harder than usual. These clients place us under a tremendous amount of pressure and my working hours have been extended from 6:30 to 19:00 with little to show for my efforts.

The machines, just like myself, are showing signs of buckling under the stress. The Roland unexpectedly started peeing onto the new carpet. I place a box over the indelible stain to keep the boss from noticing it and freaking out.


The Canon also overflowed and I use a PVC offcut to hide the evidence. While the Roland stopped its uncontrollable dribbling the Canon just continues. Luckily the PVC keeps more ink from reaching the sacred carpet. 



*

We had important stuff to do today but instead we shunned our domestic duties and went on a little trip to Safari Garden Centre. The tranquil atmosphere and magnificent gardens had the desired effect and I felt really relaxed when we got home. Unfortunately we dug into our savings a bit but at least I will be ready when spring finally arrives.


We got compost and mulch, a watering can, plant food, seedling trays and three plants - fig marigold, Spanish lavender and a lemon sapling. 




After de-pooping the lawn, I planted the marigold in the rockery over Vicky's grave. The lavender will go in the front flower bed.

The lemon tree will be settled in a dead, sunken spot in front of the driveway. I removed enough paving bricks to make a decent bed there and discovered a scary-looking tunnel. A small scorpion crawled out and scurried away.


I still have to replace the half bricks around the bed and prepare the soil for planting but I try to spread out these things. Last week I weeded the veg garden where I decided to plant a variety of tomatoes - hence the seedling trays and plant food.


Next week I'll prepare the soil and plant the seeds in the trays. I have chosen to plant basil with the tomatoes because I read they are good companions.

Some weeks ago I sowed parsley in a container and their beautiful little green shoots are raising their heads.


More seeds are on their way - I ordered a bunch of dirt cheap ones online. Boston ivy for the towering south boundary wall, ivy-leaved climbing pelargonium for the hideous east boundary wall and climbing hydrangea for the drab wall by the front door. Also a bulk pack of cacti seeds for the rockery.

Written by I

0 comments: