Blog Archive

Sunday, July 06, 2014

work isn't all bad | dull winter


I know I'm always going on about how much I hate my job and just how terrible it is. It isn't the case all the time, however, so I've chosen three recent projects I really enjoyed working on to show you.

Retouching this damaged photograph for a woman's funeral brochure:


Designing these candidate logos (still waiting for client feedback):


Creating this fragile laser-cut wedding invitation for the bosses' daughter:


I'm trying to learn to concentrate on the highs at work and ignore the lows, many though there are. 

In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you

*

Pinning myself into a gardening frenzy has made me anxious to get my hands dirty. Word such as "mulching", "composting" and "unpotting" give me goosebumps. I just can't stand the drabness in the garden any more; I want spring to arrive so that I can add a dash or two of colour to our anaemic yard.

To this end I dragged The One along to Ludwig's Roses today to get inspiration for establishing a rose section.


Sadly, the trip was hardly worth the effort. When I visited before, there had been roses as far as you could see. Today we found everything in the grip of dull Winter with only a forlorn flower here and there.

We retreated in defeat after taking a photo or two.



I guess I'll have to patiently sit it out for another month or two while ogling pins about vibrant gardens on the other side of the equator.

Written by I

0 comments: