Blog Archive

Sunday, January 11, 2015

ave imperator! morituri te salutant



Few things fill me with as much dread as the prospect of going back to work after the annual shutdown. I can only begin to fathom the depths of the creeks of excrement awaiting me when I return there tomorrow.

It already started hitting the fan when I was summoned on Tuesday to assist with reinstalling the computers which had been in lockup while the powers-that-be were on holiday. I was informed that everything should have been explicitly labelled, so as to avoid the terrible inconvenience of having to figure out which cable plugs into what hole.

I had everything up and running in 20 minutes - no labels required. I'm sick to death of being made to feel stupid and useless. It's emotional abuse.

Even though still on leave I was also drawn into a small storm about a few jobs that had been left unfinished. It was made very clear that a major storm would follow when I started working again.
I'm not religious in the conventional sense but I find myself beseeching gods known and unknown to have mercy on my poor soul. It has been a long time since I've regretted my each and every sin the way I did today.

To take my mind off these oppressive thoughts I pottered around outside. The garden is beginning to resemble the way I want it to look. The tomatoes are in their second harvest with many, many more still ripening on the vines.

I wish I could just become a veggie farmer. Vegetables never bully you the way people do.

Written by I
Sent from my Sony Xperia Z Ultra smartphone

0 comments: